Club History & Accomplishments
New Haven Age Group Track Club (NHAGTC) is Greater New Haven’s premier youth track club. Founded in 1975 by [then] head coach of Southern Connecticut State University track team, James Barber and two of his athletes, Dianne Wright and Rachel Hamlet, NHAGTC introduced youth and their families to the sport of track and field as a means of physical fitness and healthy competition.
USATF Hershey Youth Indoor Nationals Landover, MD March 13-15, 2015
- Azaan Dawson 2nd place 11-12 y/o boys 1500 m 4:47.58
- Azaan Dawson 2nd place 11-12 y/o boys 3000 m 10:14.04
- Parker Paragas 4th place 11-12 y/o boys 3000 m 10:24.36
- Caleb Bolden 4th place 11-12 y/o boys 800 m 2:23.14
- Parker Paragas 5th place 11-12 y/o boys 1500 m 4:54.81
- Azaan Dawson 5th place 11-12 y/o boys 800 m 2:23.46
- Caleb Bolden 6th place 11-12 y/o boys 1500 m 4:54.82
- Caleb Bolden 6th place 11-12 y/o boys 400 m 1:01.23
AAU Jr. Olympics Norfolk, VA August 1-8, 2015
- NHAGTC 1st place 12 y/o boys 4 x 800 m 9:42.77
- Caleb Bolden, Azaan Dawson, Parker Paragas, Matthew Gibbs
- Caleb Bolden 1st place 12 y/o boys 1500 m 4:39.37
- Azaan Dawson 1st place 12 y/o boys 3000 m 10:15.49
- Azaan Dawson 3rd place 12 y/o boys 1500 m 4:46.27
- Parker Paragas 5th place 11 y/o boys 1500 m 4:51.19
- Parker Paragas 5th place 11 y/o boys 3000 m 10:56.16
- Caleb Bolden 7th place 12 y/o boys 800 m 2:17.20
- David Judd 9th place 13 y/o boys 3000 m 10:21.66
AAU XXC National Championships Danville, AL December 12, 2015
- NHAGTC 2nd place 11-12 y/o boys
- Parker Paragas 1st place 11 y/o boys
- Azaan Dawson 3rd place 12 y/o boys
USATF Hershey Youth Indoor Nationals Landover, MD March 8-9, 2014
- Parker Paragas 2nd place 9-10 y/o boys 1500 m 5:09.66
- Azaan Dawson 3rd place 11-12 y/o boys 3000 m 10:20.50
- Parker Paragas 4th place 9-10 y/o boys 800 m 2:23.1
- Caleb Bolden 5th place 11-12 y/o boys 800 m 2:27.82
USATF Jr. Olympics Humble, TX July 26, 2014
- Parker Paragas 1st place 9-10 y/o boys 1500 m 4:49.73
- Parker Paragas 4th place 9-10 y/o boys 800 m 2:26.5
AAU Jr. Olympics Des Moines, IA July 26 - August 2, 2014
- David Judd 4th place 12 y/o boys 3000 m 10:32.55
USATF National Jr. Olympic XC Championships Myrtle Beach, SC December 13, 2014
- Parker Paragas 2nd place 9/10 y/o boys 10:29.93
AAU XXC Championships Fort Gordon, GA December 7, 2013
- NHAGTC 2nd place 9-10 y/o team
- Azaan Dawson 2nd place 10 y/o boys 10:37.16
- Parker Paragas 4th place 9 y/o boys 11:21.84
- Caleb Bolden 5th place 10 y/o boys 10:53.72
- Max Fujimori 6th place 9 y/o boys 11:39.87
- Angel Perez 9th place 9 y/o boys 11:54.32
AAU Outdoor Junior Olympics
- Anneliese Troidle – 2,000m Steeple Chase 2nd place in the 14-15 age division
- David Judd – 3,000m 4th place in the 11-12 age division
- Nia Christie – Triathlon 6th place in the 9-10 age division
- Gary Moore Jr. - Triathlon 7th place in the 9-10 age division
AAU Indoor National Championships
- 2013 Azaan Dawson became a 2 time AAU Indoor National Champion in the Bantam 800m and Bantam 1,500m
Cross Country Nationals
- Azaan Dawson, Caleb Bolden, Gary Moore, Matthew Gibbs, and Angel Perez placed 2nd as a team in the 9-10 age division.
USATF Outdoor Junior Olympics
- Danae Rivers – 1,500m Youth National Champion & 800m 3rd place
- Leah Rivers – Sub-Youth 1,500m 5th place
- Kristen Washington – Long Jump 4th place
- Michael Christie - Pentathlon 8th place
USATF Cross Country National Championships
- Azaan Dawson – Sub Bantam National Champion
- Caleb Boland – Sub Bantam 8th
- Nia Christie – Sub Bantam 7th
- Danae Rivers became a 3-time Outdoor National Champion in the 3,000m, 1,500m & 800m. She also broke National Records in the 800m and 1,500m midget divisions.
- Leah Rivers – 3rd place 800m sub-midget division
NHAGTC athletes earned All American status by finishing in the top 8 of their individual event within their respective age division:.
- Danae Rivers – National Champion in 1500m & 3rd in 3000m
- Precious Holmes – 2nd in 4 X 800 relay, 3rd in 100m & 400m and 4th in 200m)
- Kellie Davis – 3rd in 1500m & 6th in 3000m
- Leah Rivers – 8th in 1500m
NHAGTC breaks multiple meet and youth national records.
AAU Junior Olympic Outdoor National Champions:
- Danae Rivers – Bantam (age 9-10) 1500 & 800 Meters
- Kellie Davis – Youth (age 13-14) – 3000 Meters
- Kellie Davis, Nia Ruth, Paris Taft and Medinah Nabadduka – Youth (age 13-14) – 4 X 800 Meter Relay
USATF Cross Country National Championship
- Bantam girls placed 3rd in team scoring
National Cross Country Championship
NHAGTC participated in their first National Cross Country Championship.
- Multiple runners placed in the top 50 in their age divisions.
- The team won 9 medals at the US Youth Games – University of Massachusetts.
- Vanessa Thompson won the 880 yard run (14-15 age group) with a time of 2:16
- New state records set by the boys and girls relay teams at a competition hosted by Duke University
- Vanessa Thompson (age 12) set a new national age group record in competition at Wayne State University in Detroit.
- NHAGTC athletes placed at or near the top at the United States Youth Games and the Hershey National Track and Field Youth Program.
- At the 1976 Hershey National Track and Field Youth Program they won 13 of 45 divisional medals (8 were first place awards).